Menstrual Course - Part 1
March 1, 2019 March 3, 2019
Series Of Classes30 spots left
Total # of Classes
Iyengar Yoga and Pregnancy for CIYTs and Pre-CIYT (with permission from mentor).
Iyengar Yoga Champaign-Urbana
Menstrual Course Part 1
with Lois Steinberg, Ph.D., CIYT
March 1 - 3, 2019
Phone: (217) 344-9642 www.yoga-cu.com email@example.com
12 hours $125
Open to CIYTs. Non-CIYTs can enroll with a letter of recommendation from their mentor teacher. Intermediate Junior 3 and above are strongly encouraged to attend Parts 1 and 2 with the intent to establish menstruation courses for teacher education nationwide. Fulfills CE for IYNAUS and IAYT.
Friday March 1
2:00 – 2:30 pm Introductions
2:30 – 3:30 pm Female Anatomy and Hormones with Dr. Deborah Feltman
3:45 - 6:30 pm Pre- and Post-Menstrual Practices
Saturday March 2
8:30 – 9:30 am Female Anatomy and Hormones with Dr. Deborah Feltman
9:45 – 11:15 am Intermediate 1 Asana class with Lois (optional)
1:30 – 2:30 pm Female Anatomy and Hormones Continued
2:30 – 5:30 pm Menstrual Sequence
Sunday March 3
9:00 am – 1:00 pm Introductory I & II syllabus: Alternatives for Menses
At the conclusion of this course participants will be able to:
(1) Discuss, demonstrate, and teach proper pre-menstrual, menstrual and post-menstrual sequences for healthy women.
(2) Discuss, demonstrate, and teach asana and pranayama variations and modifications for menses from the IYANUS Certification Manual Introductory I & II syllabi to learn how to include healthy menstruating women in general classes.
(3) Identify contraindications for menses from the Introductory I & II syllabi.
(4) Practice of asana variations and modifications for menses from the Introductory I & II syllabi, ordered in one sequence, to learn how to include healthy menstruating women in general classes.
Assigned reading before the Menstruation Course Part 1:
Yoga: A Gem for Women Iyengar, Geeta S. (1983), Allied Publishers Private LTD. Read pp. 44-48 and pp. 77-80.
Geeta S. Iyengar’s Guide to a Women’s Yoga Practice, Steinberg, Lois (2006) Read pp. 1 – 54 and pp. 119 – 181.
The Woman’s Yoga Book: Asana and Pranayama for All Phases of the Menstrual Cycle, Clennell, Bobby (2007)
Study the female reproductive system, including internal and external anatomy and the endocrine system. Know the basic anatomy and the hormonal phases of the menstrual cycle.
- Gray’s Anatomy, a classic anatomy book for the serious student was first published in 1858. The most recent edition is from 2015 and is available both in print and is free on-line (https://allmedicalstuff.com/download-grays-clinical-anatomy-pdf-free/). The comprehensive chapter entitled, “The Female Organs of Generation” will be recommended. Many other books and online resources are available for study.
A take home Written Exam will be e-mailed to course participants due April 5, 2019.
The class takes place on...
March 1 at 2:00 pm (Friday)
March 2 at 8:30 am (Saturday)
March 3 at 9:00 am (Sunday)
This class series has finished.